Uttar Pradesh government plans to rehabilitate dilapidated secondary school buildings

Ayush Katiyar
By -

 

Finance Minister Suresh Khanna stated that the government will bear 75% of the cost of the school renovations and the school will bear the remaining 25%.


Uttar Pradesh


The Uttar Pradesh government has stated that all secondary school buildings in the state will be restored.


Finance Minister Suresh Khanna revealed information about the cabinet decision, saying that the government will bear 75% of the repair costs and the school will bear the remaining 25%.


Schools may also employ corporate social responsibility (CSR) funding to cover their share of the reconstruction costs. Money for the big project might also be obtained from MP and MLA budgets, he said.


A similar plan was in place last year, with the government and the school management committee each bearing 50% of the remodelling costs, according to the minister.


However, because the former programme had lower school involvement, adjustments were made to enhance the government's stake to 75%, he noted.


The government stated in a statement that the current renovation project, which also applies to private schools, will begin with schools that are more than 50 years old, followed by schools that are 40 and 30 years old.


The building of floors, roofs, and separate bathrooms for girls, among other rehabilitation projects, will receive special attention, according to the statement.


Sharing details on other cabinet decisions, Khanna stated that the government will speed up the identification procedure for those staying in hotels.


He stated that the decision was made in response to concerns about hotels giving out rooms to customers who did not have appropriate identification.